Ok – so both of our husbands happen to be sick right now. Wow…thank god we have each other to lean on or else we’d lose our minds. Yes, we DO love our husbands. But we couldn’t resist….
Top Ten Reasons It Sucks When Your Husband is Sick
10. (Insert raspy voice here) “Uh, hon, is there ANY way you could get me some gingerale? Do we have any? And maybe with a bendy straw? I really don’t know if I’ll ever recover from this, it’s baaad.” Really? Really. You know what happens when I get a nasty cold? Absolutely nothing. Nothing happens. Nothing changes, because I am not allowed to have a sick day, ever.
9. He becomes your (2nd, 3rd, 4th or 5th) child. It’s truly amazing. They have this inability to care for themselves, feed themselves or even have any common sense. You almost have to check them repeatedly to make sure they aren’t sticking a fork in the electric socket. We love you guys, but wow, being sick drains your brain cells.
8. The endless shuffling of their feet around the house in their PJs is just not sexy.
7. They are on their death bed whether they have a hangnail, common cold or a kernel of popcorn stuck in their throat.
6. Despite their dire situation, they can still muster a tiny…bit…of…energy…to…turn…on…..ESPN…
5. They still kiss the kids and get them sick.
4. They look up at you with puppy dog eyes 20 times a day (ok, this one CAN be cute on occasion).
3. You have to do their chores on top of yours (yet they don’t seem to notice you hauling huge trash bags through the house, do they?).
2. No sex for a few days (Ha!! Just kidding!! This is a positive side effect, and could possibly make up for all of the aforementioned items.)
1. Your incredible care of them during their terrible sickness will in no way ensure the same treatment for you the next time you are sick. Although they may try, bless their little hearts.