“Oh…! Look at that…kitty? You worked really hard, didn’t you? You want it to go where? In the kitchen? Oh…I’m thinking maybe my upstairs closet shelf would be waaaaay better, where I can see it every day…what do you think?”
From the monthly archives:
Today is the BIG DAY!! The American Heart Association is declaring today as “Go Red For Women” day, to raise awareness and prevention of heart disease. Please please re-post this on your blog, Facebook, Twitter or LinkedIn. It’s time for all of us moms to truly take care of ourselves. Along with wearing RED today, please check out their website — http://www.goredforwomen.org.
GO RED FOR WOMEN and NATIONAL WEAR RED DAY!
· Cardiovascular disease kills approximately 450,000 women each year, about one every minute.
· While 1 in 30 American women die of breast cancer, about 1 in 3 die from cardiovascular disease.
· More women die of cardiovascular disease than the next five causes of death combined, including all forms of cancer.
· Ninety percent of women have one or more risk factors for developing heart disease.
· Only 1 in 5 women believe that heart disease is her greatest health threat.
· Heart disease is largely preventable. In fact, 80 percent of cardiac events in women may be prevented if women make the right choices for their hearts, involving diet, exercise and abstinence from smoking. Check out GoRedForWomen.org!